Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: display records minusplus Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wizard_oz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote wizard_oz Replybullet Topic: display records minusplus
     Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 12:16am
Hey, I have a DB with positive and negative numbers' I would like to display first all the positive numbers and then all the negative numbers. they all have some groups, for example group "tables" have 3 items and -5 item to return to stock etc. I tried to create 2 store proceudre and the create 2 subreports which I inserted to the main reports, the problem is when there is more then one page at the sub report it doesn't display the header
anyone have better idea?
 
thanks,elen
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 3:09am
how about adding either a sort to the group or anther group based on the quantity, that would group all positive values together...and the negatives as well.
IP IP Logged
wizard_oz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote wizard_oz Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 4:27am
I thought about it, if I'm adding group by positive number then there is group header--detail --group footer, now the second group should be negative and it will be inside the positive group.....some is wrong....
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 7:41am
just group on the amount, the group will sort the values, and they will appear together. I would suppress the group header and footer.
 
if you want to subtotal each group (positive and negative), I would probably use a formula and conditionally display a second detail section.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
wizard_oz
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote wizard_oz Replybullet Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:09pm

this will give me the header of the group which is ok and then all the positive and then all the negative' what I need is group header --> positive  and then again then same group header and now negative numbers

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 3:33am
You would need a pseudo group header that would be a suppressed detail or subreport...at least that is what I would do, depending on what is needed, such as counts or sums in this header, you could use running totals/formulas to determine how much of a group has been processed, and subtract that from the group total to give an accurate value.
 
The other option is to use a subreport, but you've already had issues with that.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum