Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Date Parameter in Crystal 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
wbaroudi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote wbaroudi Replybullet Topic: Date Parameter in Crystal 10
     Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 6:05am
Hi everyone,
 
I wonder if some can help. I am writing a report based on SQL 2005 and I have to give the user the option to select between 2 dates. I have created a parameter filed and when you try to use it in the select expert it is not there. If I try the parameter with another field i.e text or INT it work perfectly but not on the date field. The date value is stored as dd/mm/yyyy 00:00:00 and I wonder if that is the problem, is there a function or something to over come this?
 
Thanks
Wessam
Regards
Wessam
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 25 Mar 2011 at 8:15am
I have just done this in Crystal with no problems. Be sure to set the Type to Date and the List of Values to Static. Enter the two values you want the user to choose from in the Value grid. Set Allow Custom Values to False. Try using the Selection Formulas, Record editor.
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
wbaroudi
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote wbaroudi Replybullet Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 3:21am
Thanks  mate, your instruction was for higher version than the one I have but this what did it for me. 
 
{Try using the Selection Formulas, Record editor}
 
As the parameters will not show and by using formulas, record editor as suggested I entered the name of the parameters manually and it works fine, thanks for your reply.
 
Ta
Wessam
Regards
Wessam
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum