Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Summary of running totals duplicating Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Topic: Summary of running totals duplicating
     Posted: 21 Mar 2011 at 11:05am

Below is a report that is giving correct TotalAmt values and they are running totals that are summarized
and put in the detail section but there is a problem. The totals are repeating several times. The totals
are pulling the right amounts only through using running total method, all other ways are not working.
If I write a formula to sum the TotalAmt, the total values go off. I used the select distinct, and getting
the same results. I tried to use previous and next formulas too, but they are not working either.
Records 9 to 11 are reapeating and so are records 19 to 20 and records 6 to 8. Any help will be appreciated


Detail: Project Buidling# structure#     Date       TotalAmt   StrucCode
 
1. Det  11223   45009789  45009789      01/12/11    10011.30        05
2.      11223   45009789  45009789      01/12/11     1100.04        05
3. GH   1223    45009789  45009789      01/12/11    11111.34        05     
 
4.      12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11    34000.60        02
5.      12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11    34000.60        02
6.      12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11      566.30        02
7.      12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11      566.30        02
8.      12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11      566.30        02 
9.      12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11    34566.90        02
10.     12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11    34566.90        02
11.     12788   78990099  78990099      01/12/11    34566.90        02

 

12.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11     5566.08        06
13.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11     5566.08        06
14.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11     5566.08        06
15.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11     5566.08        06
16.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25560000.70        06
17.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25560000.70        06
18.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25560000.70        06
19.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25565566.78        06
20.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25565566.78        06
21.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25565566.78        06
22.     34544   37888899  37888899      01/12/11 25565566.78        06


 
 

IP IP Logged
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:19am
Hello..Somebody!!...I desperately need some help over here !!...I thought this forum is to help people out...it seems like people have got tired of this or don't even care or don't know any possible solution to this problem.  where are all the experts at..come on guys!...somebody please !...this report is eating my head!!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:32am
I don't understand what your question is.
You stated you had RTs that worked so I don't know where you are still having a problem...

Edited by DBlank - 23 Mar 2011 at 10:33am
IP IP Logged
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 10:55am
Well as I mentioned in the post...the problem is that the RT's are correct but are displaying several times as shown in the example.  How can I have the different RT's to  display only once...thats all I am asking for...I tried all the methods I could think of but none are working...if there is another way then lets hear it from somebody. Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 11:03am
how do you know that those rows are repeating (say 6 and 8) versus the other rows that are look exactly the same in your sample data (say 4 and 5)
IP IP Logged
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 2:27am
What do you mean how do I know if they are repeating?...Come on, its plain clear, look at the rows!. Rows (4 and 5) add up add up to give max total for Row 9 and Rows (12 and 16) add up to give max total for Row 19, but they are displaying mutliple times. I only want to see Rows (4,5,6,9,16 and 19) to display only once, but cant you see that the same number in Row 19 is repeating until Row 22 and the same with Row 9 repeating till Row 11. Come on, its clearly laid out, look closely.  
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 2:54am
Maybe your explanation is making this sound more complicated than you want it to.

Is my summary accurate: "I don't want crystal to show duplicate values"

For which you can write a suppression formula checking whether the current totalAmt is equal to the previous totalAmt.

Edited by Keikoku - 24 Mar 2011 at 2:55am
IP IP Logged
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 3:09am
Thanks for the reply but the TotalAmt is a running total and I cant do a previous or next on a running total. Is there a work around this? Thanks again !
IP IP Logged
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:52am
Hello Guys?..Anybody?...Cry
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum