Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: pesky duplicate records Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 8:27am
Well,
 
I got this to work as a SQL command but it seems I cant add to the repository.
 
I run crystal XI via an ASP connection so I think this level of customization is not allowed. Can I copy the SQL into the subreport?
 
Unsure what effect that would have on the SQL already there?
 
Suggestions or am I hosed? 
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 8:42am

Ok...maybe jumped the gun. I see that maybe saving to the repository is not necessary. I saved my report as a new version to test adding the SQL directly and see that my new command is in my DB list.

Learning curves are many. 

Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:22am
One use of the repository is to store things that will be used frequently in various locations. For instance, a particular formula that might be used in 30 reports, and you don't want to have to go to every report if you only want to change a single field name.

That's all I've used it for anyways.

Edited by Keikoku - 23 Mar 2011 at 9:23am
IP IP Logged
Getch
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
Quote Getch Replybullet Posted: 23 Mar 2011 at 9:29am
OK...This gives me the fields I need.
 
Select
"PORTFOLIO"."porf_idi",
"PORTFOLIO"."porf_na",
"PLA"."pla_idi"
from "BNTRKDB"."dbo"."PORTFOLIO" "PORTFOLIO"
INNER JOIN "BNTRKDB"."dbo"."PLA" "PLA" ON
"PORTFOLIO"."pla_idi" =  "PLA"."pla_idi"
 
I tried to add a GROUP by on the "PLA"."pla_idi" but it gives another error.
 
basically says the portfolio columns are not valid because they are not in the group by....
 
Cant I group on the plan only?
Newbie reports
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 2:40am
Group by appears to use certain select functions like "count" or "max" or something like that.

I'm not too sure how to use it but maybe you can toss in a count(plan_field) in your select statement.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum