This problem I see alot and still have a hard time getting around.
I have a relatively simple report but it needs date from 10 database tables.
I had it working correctly for nearly all scenarios but I am now attempting to make it work for all.
There are about 6 clients that have a subset of portfolios to pull into the report instead of the normal 11 portfolios.
There is another db that contains portfolio names that I can link only on a single field. I was trying to add a shared variable so I could count the portfiolios then apply a formula to display simple text based on the count of 1, 7 or 11.
When I add the portfolio name field to my subreport, the fund data is duplicated by the number of portfolios the client has.
My report is set to select distinct records. I'm not sure how to handle these dups.
Any help would be appreciated!