Hello!
I need some help with something tricky...
I am trying to run a report of all customers, grouped by region and in a particular status from my database. That part works fine, and it's not a problem. In addition to this, though, each record needs to show whether this customer is either "Environmentally Friendly", "Certified Green" or both (and the record needs to show also if neither apply), based on two codes (ENVIRONF and CERTGREEN). The list needs to remain grouped by region, and then alpha ascending by name.
Here's what I have so far:
- I have inserted in the details section, the customer name field, and also the address 1 field.
- I have created two formulas for the "ENVIRONF" and "CERTGREEN", but something about this formula is not giving me what I want and I will explain in just a moment:
If {ip_Minor_Codes.Minor_Code} = "ENVIRONF" Then "Y" Else ""
If {ip_Minor_Codes.Minor_Code} = "CERTGREEN" Then "Y" Else ""
- I have inserted these two formulas in the details section, each under a column header. The idea is that I want Crystal to put a "Y" in the column, if the record has one or both codes. If no code is present, I still need the record to show, though, just with no "Y" in either column representing the "Certified" or "Environmentally Friendly".
The issue I have is that in the field in the database that stores the two codes I reference above, there are also many other codes to indicate other things such as what business type, status, whatever... each record contains many different codes, and they are all different. What happened in my report was that all of a sudden when I added the formulas, each customer was listed over and over, the exact number of times for the number of codes that exist in that field.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to achieve this? For visual reference, here is an example of what I would need:
Customer Address1 Cert EnvrionF
ABC Co. 123 Main Y
123 Co. 123 Main
DEF Co. 123 Main Y Y
456 Co. 123 Main Y
Thank you so much in advance for any ideas!
Sarah