Joined: 16 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Groupings Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 12:17pm
I am working in Crystal 10... I have a formula that returns a number (1 through 7) to determine a group. The formula works correctly, but then I want to add a group to the report based off of the formula. I click on INSERT > GROUP and in the drop-down box, my formula is NOT listed... WHY??
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 3:28am
the formula has a sum in it, and the it needs to call other formulas. If the other formulas do anything besides somethng like 'if {table.field}=x then {table.field2} else {table.field3}' CR can't deterimine the value during its initial 2 passes through the data. At run time, as it is reading the data for the 3rd time, it is able to determine values correctly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum