| Author |
Message |
PanHR
Newbie
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Topic: Supressing Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:23am |
|
Hi, I am working on this report where there are two groups and six detail sections. I am trying to supress the Group 1 header if all details and group 2 header is supressed. But when I write the formula for that it's supressing all group 1 header even if the formula is false. Can you please help??
Thank you,
PanHR
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:26am |
|
you would have to suppress the header using a group summary condition
|
IP Logged |
|
PanHR
Newbie
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:32am |
|
Sorry can you be a little more specific please?
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 4:39am |
to suppress a header the condition has to be created before printing. Insert Summary functions are created before printing and therefore can be used to suppress a header. Running totals, variable formulas etc. are all created to late to be used to suppress a header.
so something like SUM(amount,employee)>1,000 can be used to suppress an employee group header if that employees sum of an amonut field is more than 1000.
If you can convert your suppression condtions into some combination formula that can be created using the insert summary function then you can suppress the header.
|
IP Logged |
|
PanHR
Newbie
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:02am |
|
So I used the below formulas for my reminder dates, which is six of them (i.e. Reminder Date 1, Reminder Date 2, etc...)
//The result of this formula is used to determine whether to suppress details on a line
//of information. To run the report, you must enter the year and month of the reminders
//that you want to see. For example, if you want to see reminders for the month of May
//2004, then enter 200405. To only have May 2004 reminders show up on the report, then
//you must find out if the Reminder Date starts with the Year and Month of the parameter
//field (200405). If the Reminder Date doesn't start with the parameter input (ie. "False" as
//per the formula result below), then the Section Expert has a formula that says to
//suppress the line.
IF {EMF.EM_REMINDER_DATE_1} STARTSWITH {?Year and Month} THEN "TRUE" ELSE "False"
And then I used the below formula to suppress the headers:
//{@Reminder Date 1 - True/False} = "False" AND
//{@Reminder Date 2 - True/False} = "False" AND
//{@Reminder Date 3 - True/False} = "False" AND
//{@Reminder Date 4 - True/False} = "False" AND
//{@Reminder Date 5 - True/False} = "False" AND
//{@Reminder Date 6 - True/False} = "False"
I also used the below formula to suppress the details:
// Suppress details if a reminder date does not start with the year and month entered.
{@Reminder Date 1 - True/False} = "False"
//OR {EMF.EM_REMINDER_CODE_1} IN ["SIN", "EXPWK"]
|
IP Logged |
|
PanHR
Newbie
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:05am |
|
When I use all the formula's above it supresses the right details and the right group 2 but when it comes to group 1 header it's supressing all of them.
|
IP Logged |
|
PanHR
Newbie
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:17am |
|
I want to supress GH1 if GH2 and the details are supressed.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:19am |
|
is there a reason you are suppressing rather than omitting the records using the select expert?
|
IP Logged |
|
PanHR
Newbie
Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:26am |
|
Yes I want the records to show if there is a detail section not supressed. Basically it's a reminder report to the managers. so the it's grouped my manager's name then the employees name and the kind of reminder for a certain time period. So if there is no reminder for that certain time period I would like everything supressed if not I would like to show that information. Hope I am making sense :(. Thanks.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 at 5:30am |
|
I think i understand what you want but if you use the select expert to only select records that are in your param then it will only show theose records and if there are none it will return no values, hence no group headers so no need for suppression.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|