Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report using Stored procedure Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pavan1983
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pavan1983 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report using Stored procedure
     Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:56am
Hi,
 
I am using Crystal Report 2008. I created a crystal report using a stored procedure. All the numbers in report looks fine except that all the String fields in the report are defaulted to length 1 where as they are set to lenght 40 in the database.
 
I checked the database fields in the field explorer in the report and they show that the lenght of the string is 1. Any idea why it is defaulting it to length 1?
 
Thanks for your time.
 
Thanks,
Pavan
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 3:53am
hmmm....never had that happen to me.  silly question, have you run the stored proc in SQL and checked the results?  if they look ok, I would try to verify the database, and use the same values and see if anything changes.  CR is usually pretty good about getting those values.  I haven't written a report that links directly to a stored proc in years, but I didn't have any issues when I did (we now push the data from our application to the CR)
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
pavan1983
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote pavan1983 Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 5:13am

Yes. I ran the stored procedure in the sql and the results are fine. Still not able to figure why the string fields length is being displayed as 1.

Thanks!!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 7:23am
I know it can be a pain, but have tried creating  a new report bound to the same stored proc...maybe CR is just glitching for this report.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum