Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Subreport layout problems when exporting to Excel Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cassel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote cassel Replybullet Topic: Subreport layout problems when exporting to Excel
     Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 5:39am
Hi - hope someone can advise about this.
 
I have a primary report with a subreport. In Crystal the data print correctly like this:
 
Field1 Field2 Field3 FieldA FieldB FieldC
Field1 Field2 Field3 FieldA FieldB FieldC
 
Fields 1-3 are from the primary report and have headers. Fields A-C are from the subreport and I can't get the headers to appear in the primary report (they appear correctly in the subreport itself) - not too worried about this though.
 
However, when I export to Excel the layout is like this:
 
Field1 Field2 Field3
FieldA FieldB FieldC
(blank)
Field1 Field2 Field3
FieldA FieldB FieldC
 
I have looked at the online suggestions about this issue and spent a lot of time resizing the fields, setting the Y position to 0, making sure fields are not marked as Can Grow etc, but nothing so far have made any difference.
 
I would be very grateful for advice - thanks.
IP IP Logged
cassel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote cassel Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2011 at 5:53am
OK, I have managed to sort this so thought i would post in case others have the same prob. I was exporting using "Export to Excel (data only)". The problem doesn't happen when using "Export to Excel".
IP IP Logged
it.sanjay
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote it.sanjay Replybullet Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 5:09pm
Hi,
Rather I have problems while using "Export To Excel" as it has blank rows and columns and also lots of merged columns.
 
I prefer to use "Export To Excel (data only)" to just get data evenly in rows and columns where we can play aroung in Excel.
 
I have 2 rows of header and 2 rows of details section. But when I export it Excel, only bottom line of header appeares. The detail section is nicely arranged in single row.
 
If any one can provide some tips or way to solve this.
 
I am using crystal report viewer in VS 2008 to display report
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum