Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Crystal Report using Stored procedure Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 6:56am
Hi,
I am using Crystal Report 2008. I created a crystal report using a stored procedure. All the numbers in report looks fine except that all the String fields in the report are defaulted to length 1 where as they are set to lenght 40 in the database.
I checked the database fields in the field explorer in the report and they show that the lenght of the string is 1. Any idea why it is defaulting it to length 1?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 3:53am
hmmm....never had that happen to me. silly question, have you run the stored proc in SQL and checked the results? if they look ok, I would try to verify the database, and use the same values and see if anything changes. CR is usually pretty good about getting those values. I haven't written a report that links directly to a stored proc in years, but I didn't have any issues when I did (we now push the data from our application to the CR)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum