Thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I'll do my best to explain a little more.
I'm working with 3 tables that apply.
'jobhead' - General job detail
'joboper' - General operation details
'jobopdtl' - Specific operation details
Each operations has a resource group id - 'jobopdtl.resourcegrpid'.
100 = Cutters, 200 = Benders and so on...
Each operation is represented by a sequence number 'joboper.oprseq'.
Puts the ops in order from first to last. 10, 20, 30...
My selection criteria looks like this..
dateVar range d1 := {?Start Date} to {?End Date};
{jobhead.duedate} = (d1)
and
{jobopdtl.resourcegrpid} = {?Department}
and
{jobhead.jobcomplete} = 0
and
{joboper.opcomplete} = 0
This gives me all jobs for a specified department that are due with in a date range and are open with an operation that is still open.
As I said my problem is from poor reporting. The job might show operation 10 still open even though 20 has been completed. They couldn't have completed 20 if 10 wasn't done first.
So, How can I exclude a job if the proceeding operations have been completed?
Hope this helps...