Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Subtracting the totals from a cross tab count Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RichardB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote RichardB Replybullet Topic: Subtracting the totals from a cross tab count
     Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 4:40am
Hi, I need some help with my cross tab report.
 
I've created a cross tab on calls opened in our Remedy Call logging system for the same month this year and last year. That's all fine, but I need to now show the difference either plus or minus between the two figures.
 
Is this posssible with a formula ?
 
The report I have has parameter fields for :-
Date selection (Field HPD_HELP_DESK.Reported_Date)
Group selection (Field HPD_HELP_DESK.Assigned_Group) i.e Which Dept. the call is with.
Total of Calls opened HPD_HELP_DESK.Incident_Number
 
The Cross Tab then does a 'count of HPD_HELP_DESK.Incident_Number to give monthly totals of calls opened.
 
Not sure how to create a formula for this as it will be subtracting the same field ??
Any help greatfully received...
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 4:42am
I've created a cross tab on calls opened in our Remedy Call logging system for the same month this year and last year. That's all fine, but I need to now show the difference either plus or minus between the two figures.

[...]

Not sure how to create a formula for this as it will be subtracting the same field ??


I am not sure what you mean by the same field (I am referring to the number of calls for the same month this year and last year).

I would expect the two figures to be stored separately.

If you want to show the difference between the two figures, I don't suppose you could just create a new formula that returns the difference of the two figures?

{this_year_march} - {last_year_march}

or something.

Edited by Keikoku - 07 Mar 2011 at 4:45am
IP IP Logged
RichardB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote RichardB Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 5:03am
Hi, Thanks for replying...
 
Currently the report lists all 'calls' for the month  Febraury 2010 and 2011, then the Cross Tab does a count so I get something like
 
                                           02/2010 02/2011 Total    Difference
Desktop Support - Laptop       54          49         103       ??
Desktop Support - Field           71          43         114       ??
Desktop Support - PC              154        156       310       ??
Systems Support                     100        59         159       ??
 
The total is a count of HPD_HELP_DESK.Incident_Number so i want to show the difference between last year and this for each group, which is the same field..
 
Hope that makes sense !!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum