I want to create a cross tab report that will show the cumulative daily sales over a user defined period of time and the same data for 1 year before, then chart both against the date for comparrison reasons.
I know how to do it for a user defined period but am having problems setting the report to automatically pick up the data and add it in for the previous year or the best way to describe it would be 365 days older.
I know I would need 2 formula fields
{Start Date 2} = {Start Date} - 365
{Finish Date 2} = {Finish Date} - 365
but how do I tell the report that to add another row showing the sum of sales prices for the selected customer (already set by user at start of report) and between Start date 2 and finish date 2
for the report that only shows the user requested period I have used the record selection formula
(if {?Customer} = "*" then
True
Else
{salesorders.scustomer} = {?Customer};) and
{salesorders.sdate} >= {?S Date} and {salesorders.sdate} <= {?F Date}
My Current cross tab is set up as follows
Columns:
salesorders.sdate (sale date)
Sumerised fields:
Sum of salesorders.sprice (sum of sales order lines for each date)
#TTurn (running total of salesorders.sprice = running turnover total for each date)