Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report removing duplicate entries! Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
odevguy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Location: Bhutan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote odevguy Replybullet Topic: Report removing duplicate entries!
     Posted: 27 Feb 2011 at 2:50pm

Hey. I am new to crystal reports. I am fixing up a project at the moment - a project that someone else has created. Its with c# and uses crystal reports.

I noticed the following:
 
The goal of the above report, is to show the activity of a document. If a user prints a document, it should show up on the document every time. in this instance, the report SHOULD have 5 lines on it (bob smith printed document x at time y). But it only has 3.
 
I've noticed that, if two entries are the exact same date, then the report drops any duplicate entries. ie,
printed 3 documents at 10/5/11 at 8.55pm SHOULD look like this:
 
10/5/11 at 8.55pm  bob smith printed
10/5/11 at 8.55pm  bob smith printed
10/5/11 at 8.55pm  bob smith printed
 
but it comes out as
10/5/11 at 8.55pm  bob smith printed
 
I've looked into the report for the "remove duplicate entries", but its already unticked. is there something I am missing? The database where the entries are stored DOES have every entry.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 4:15am
I would look for suppression formula use in section expert
IP IP Logged
odevguy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Location: Bhutan
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote odevguy Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 1:26pm

i Found the problem. the SQL stored procedure was the culprit. thanks again for your help though :)

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum