Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: subtract one column from another in cr 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
black27696
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote black27696 Replybullet Topic: subtract one column from another in cr 2008
     Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 5:30pm
This should be pretty basic but I cannot figure it out. I have a cross tab that is showing data in columns. Because the data is from two years, I have a 2009 column, a 2010 column, and a total column. I need a fourth column with the cell for the current row under 2009 subtracted from 2010, like this:

           2009        2010           total        difference
item 1     5              5                 10            0
item 2     5              0                   5            -5
item 3     5               10              15            5

How do I create the difference column?

I have tried using a calculated member, or changing my summary options somehow...it's not doing the math for me and I'm at a loss at this point.


Edited by black27696 - 23 Feb 2011 at 5:31pm
IP IP Logged
RichardB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote RichardB Replybullet Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 6:12am
Hi, Did you get anywhere with this query, as I have exactly the same problem. Would be great if you got it sorted.
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum