Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: Reporting on subreport fields in primary report Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 5:56am
Hi all, hope you can help.
I have a primary report with a subreport inserted. I can display the fields from the subreport with no problem. Can I also use them in a formula? I want to return text based on a combination of a field in the primary report plus a field in the subreport. The subreport fields do not appear in the list of available fields if I try to set up a new formula in the primary report.
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:59am
You'll probably want to use a shared variable. Just be sure that the field that is recalling the declaired subreport shared variable is below the sub report section (the subreport has to be generated with the variable declaired before the main report can retrieve the shared variable).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum