Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formula when field is blank Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
btbjp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote btbjp Replybullet Topic: Formula when field is blank
     Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 10:34am
I am trying to do something that seems very straight-forward, in my mind. Unfortunately, my mind doesn't work the same way as Crystal Reports. I'm working in CR 8.5 and want to write a formula that will show a nickname if it is present. If not present, then I want the first name to show. I've tried the following:

if isnull({Nickname}) then {First_Name}
else {Nickname}

Only the nickname is now displayed, not the first name.
Where am I going wrong?

Crystal makes me grumpy.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum