Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Using a subreport value in the main report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dajsile
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote dajsile Replybullet Topic: Using a subreport value in the main report
     Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:27am
I am fairly new to Crystal. I am using version 10.

I have a sub report that pulls in a date from a table.

I need to use the date in a formula as part of the main report.

Subreport
Create_Date

Main Report
Sale_Date

Formula to be used in main report
{CLY.Create_Date} <= {SLX.Sale_Date} = Yes

Can this be done?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:59am
not to select data in the main report
and it can only be used in reference in sections that run after the location of the sub-report.
it is doen by passing the value fromteh subreport to the mainreport with a shared variable
IP IP Logged
dajsile
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote dajsile Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:05am
What would the variable be?  I tried numbervar, datevar, and stringvar.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 11:22am

either a datetimevar or a datevar depending on the data type of createdate

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum