Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Failed to open the connection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Divi_2010
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote Divi_2010 Replybullet Topic: Failed to open the connection
     Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 5:37am
Hi,

I migrated few crystal reports from r2 to r3.1 and I am getting the error as "Failed to open the connection". The reports are accessing the SQL Server2005 DB.
But,
1.If I open the report in the crystal designer 2008 it’s working fine and I am able to run the report.
2.Saved the report locally and re-exported the report to the repository.
3.Now if I rerun the report from the Infoview or CMC, I am able to run the report.

This looks strange. I did not change any connections or anything for that matter.

I request you to help me out in this regard.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:05am
Are your r2 and 3.1 installs on different servers?  Do both servers have the exact same version of the SQL Server client software (same patch level etc.?)  Are the ODBC connections on both servers using the same drivers? (Normally there are two versions of the drivers - a generic SQL server one that appears to be installed with Windows and a native one that is installed with the SQL Server client.)
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum