Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Deduping two address datasets Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
joverdorff
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote joverdorff Replybullet Topic: Deduping two address datasets
     Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 6:54am
I know this SHOULD be a simple problem, but I've struggled with this for awhile now.

I have 2 datasets of addresses. The best way to describe what I need is by example.

DATASET 1
100 PLUM ST
101 PLUM ST
102 PLUM ST
103 PLUM ST
104 PLUM ST

DATASET 2
103 PLUM ST
104 PLUM ST
105 PLUM ST
106 PLUM ST
107 PLUM ST

What I want is a report that lists ALL the addresses from DATASET 1 in column 1, and column 2 would say "NO MATCH" for ones where there's no identical address in DATASET 2.

So the final product would be something like:

100 PLUM ST        NO MATCH
101 PLUM ST        NO MATCH
102 PLUM ST        NO MATCH
103 PLUM ST
104 PLUM ST

I can dress up the details myself, but I'll be danged if I can figure this out!

Thanks so much in advance for all replies!

Jeff


Edited by joverdorff - 16 Feb 2011 at 6:58am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:08am
you dn't mention if this is per client so I will assume this is just  amaster list of addresses
add both tables to the report
outer join A to B on address field
use the select expert for
isnull(tableB.address)
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:10am
oops.
you want to still show matched records...
do not use the select expert to limit the data but rather
 
add address from A to the canvas on details
create a formula field
as
if isnull(tableB.address) then "NO MATCH"
place this next to tableA address field on detail row


Edited by DBlank - 16 Feb 2011 at 8:10am
IP IP Logged
joverdorff
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote joverdorff Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:15am
OMG! That works. And PERFECTLY! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Been fighting with this thing for 2 weeks!

*Whew*
Big%20smile
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum