Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Reports from One Data Source Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kmundt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote kmundt Replybullet Topic: Multiple Reports from One Data Source
     Posted: 14 Feb 2011 at 11:14am
I was wondering someone could walk me through the process of setting up two reports so they will run together, on different pages, from one data source.
 
What I have now are two separate reports. The first contains 20 or so fields. The second contains about 3 of the same fields in the first report.
 
The way I have to do it now is run the first report using selections from a list, close the report viewer, then run the second report and select the same information I selected in the first.
 
I'd like to package these report together into one job and have them run as page one and page two (each are single page) by querying the user once instead of twice if that makes sense. I read something about defining a "job" that would allow both reports to run as one. Is this possible and if so, how do I set that up?
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 3:44am
set them up as a subreports in a master report.
you can call the paramters once int he main report and pass them to the sub reports
IP IP Logged
kmundt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote kmundt Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 8:47am
I tried that and it's an improvement. I added the second report as a subreport and placed it in the page footer section. Now the user doesn't have to select the data twice.
 
As it is now, though, once the main report displays the user needs to click on the page footer to display the subreport. Is this the way it's supposed to work?
 
It's definitely better but still requires printing the main report page then clicking the footer and printing that page. Is there a way to print everything at once with one print command?
 
Thanks


Edited by kmundt - 15 Feb 2011 at 8:48am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 8:54am

in the main report

add a report header B
Place first sub report in RHa and second subreport in RHb
if you want them on 2 seperate pages use the section expert for new page after rhA
suppress all of the other sections of the main report
make sure the sub reports properties are set correctly
right click on each on and select Foramt sub report
on the common tab make sure Can Grow is TRUE
on the subreport tab make sure on demand subreport is FALSE
 
Printing the main report should print both pages (both sub reports)
Does that fix your issues?


Edited by DBlank - 15 Feb 2011 at 9:07am
IP IP Logged
kmundt
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote kmundt Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 1:23pm
That's what I was looking for. It took some adjusting of the sections but now it works. Thanks again!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum