|
I have a master file of PATIENT. I Have two other files that are both very large - one is DOCUMENT (every interaction) and the other is OBSERVATION (every detail observed). So, how to best setup my links to allow this to flow efficiently. (1) I want to read every PATIENT record. (2) Based on a common key field PID, I want to retrieve every DOCUMENT for the person. (3) Based on a common key field PID, I want to retrieve every OBSERVATION for the person. (4) I will then print certain things learned while reading these two activity files.
My problem is that I can't seem to configure the Data and Links so that this does no become a huge geometric lookup. In other words, since there may be 20 DOCUMENTs for each person, and 200 OBSERVATIONs for each person, it seem like for each of 2500 PATIENTs, I am doing 4000 lookups (20x200).
Am I missing something simple so that for each of my 25000 PATIENTS there is only 220 (20+200) lookups?
Thanks.
I just moved this to Report Design, since I think that is the better place for this question. Sorry.
Edited by joeyg13 - 14 Feb 2011 at 7:17am
|