Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: report date prompt in mm/dd/yyyy order Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Topic: report date prompt in mm/dd/yyyy order
     Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:43am
Greetings,
 
I have a date prompt for my report.  If I declare the prompt type to be a date I get a calendar option.  If I declare the prompt a string then I lose the calendar option.
 
I like the calendar option, but I want to enter my date in the format mm/dd/yyyy.  Entering the date yyyy/mm/dd is foreign to everyone's thinking and fingers.
 
I have gone to file/options/fields/date/date and set the date format option to 'system default short format'.  But, the parameters entry field continues to want the backwards date.
 
I understand that the data in the tables is in yyyy/mm/dd format and I can work around this with mid statements to flip my entered date for comparison purposes.
 
Is entering a parameter option in the mm/dd/yyyy order possible?
 
Thanks,
Rich
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:47am
Which version of Crystal are you using?
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:06am

CR Developer; Product Type: Full

Product Version:  11.5.12.1838
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 3:16am

With Crystal 2008, the prompts allow MM/DD/YYYY order, but not with anything earlier than that.  So, you'll either have to work with the existing format and have the calendar or make your prompt a string and get the format that you want.

Sorry, but this is a limitation inside the version of Crystal that you're using.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 4:34am
Thanks for the info.
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 4:45am

With 2008, is it possible to default a prompt?  A date prompt with today's date?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 7:16am
No, the still haven't added that capability.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 7:21am

Thanks again.

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum