Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Sort by a Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dracco
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Dracco Replybullet Topic: Sort by a Formula
     Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 4:58am
Hi All,
 
I am new to crystal  and the forum and i was wondering if anyone could help. I have written a formula to extract data from a few fields and then to give a percentage value of the data extracted. Is it possible to sort by this formula. I am using Crystal XI.
 
if ( Sum({@TrxAmt},{@Network User Name}) > 0)
then
    100 * Sum({@TrxAmtBill},{@Network User Name}) /
          Sum({@TrxAmt},    {@Network User Name})
else
    0
Thanks you
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 4:01am
I am sure that there is more 'proper' way, but what I do is create a group and use the formula to be the grouping criteria (there is a sort there as well, which is why I do it this way).
 
There is probably a method using the Record Sort Expert.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Dracco
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Dracco Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:35am
Thank you for the post, but I already have groups setup and sorting by these groups already. Do you know of a person or service that would like at the report for me at a price.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:34am
Sorry, no I don't
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum