Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: running total field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Topic: running total field
     Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 2:50pm
Greetings,
 
I am attempting to accumulate a running total based on a status of a project being "Open" or "Closed".
 
Using the a Running Total Field I am summarizing the projects RemainingHours.  In the Evaluate area I have selected to use a formula.
 
The formula:
 
If {status} = "Closed" then
  {RemainingHours} = 0
else
  {RemainingHours} = {RemainingHours}
 
The {RemainingHours} = {RemainingHours} seems a little odd to me (I think I hear some giggles), but it works. When it is not working, I get the Closed project's remaining hours.   Anyone have a better suggestion?
 
Thanks,
Rich
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 1:58am
what about just having:
 
{RemainingHours}<>"Closed"
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 6:32am
Thanks
 
I have found the problem.  I have two files, a project file and a journal file.  I am listing the project once, while there may be several journals.  I did not realize that the project remaining hours would attempt to sum even though it was not getting listed for every journal.  Once the sum was changed to sum on change of project only, it all added up.
 
Thanks again,
R
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum