Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: One Record, Multiple times Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 11:17am
Hi everyone, I have created a report that search for three different criteria. When runing the report, I am using (for testing purposes) the criteria that I know contains one record (an order with total units). The result in the report is the record I am looking for but it shows multiple times. I should one get it once! What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help! Francisco
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 11:50am
Is there a way that I can see this? I have changed several ways that tables can be link together and every time I get the same results. All the links are "equal Joins" Any suggestions?
Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:44am
I guess that what I mean to ask was the following: Two tables: Order header and detail. To start, I am asking (Parameter Field) for Customer and Season. This work fine. Then I am adding a formula that multiply the price of each line times the total qty. That works fine. Now iwant to see the total of the entire order. I know there are 12 orders and I see 12 orders being displayed but each order is listed as many times as there are lines in the order. I just want one line per order and the total of that line. Am I missing something? My two tables (header and detail) are link Detail -> Header "equal join" Thanks. Francisco
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:50am
you can suppress rows based on a next() or previous() funtion.
Or group on a field (like order#) and suppres the details completely.
What I think you are ultimeately aiming at here is to also get totals at group and report levels. SUpressing rows only hide them and do NOT exclude them from totals.
YOu will have to use Running Totals with unique evaluation options to get to that if that is also part of your design.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum