Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report prompt defaults Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Topic: Report prompt defaults
     Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 9:37am
Greetings,
 
 
1. I would like to know how to default a couple of report prompts:
    a. user or windows login id.
    b. current date.
 
Is it possible to get system/network info for prompt defaults?  Is it possible to use functions for defaulting prompts?  Is it possible to use Special Fields data as a default?
 
 
2. I would like to email the output.  When I select destination Exchange Folder I get a message "no profiles have been created.  To create a new profile use mail icon in the control panel".  There are profiles.  Does it need a specific profile?
 
 
Running CR Developer; product type Full, v 11.5.12.1838
Windows 7
 
Thanks,
RB


Edited by RichIcicle - 31 Jan 2011 at 12:42pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:32am
you can probably get the current date, but the user, not a chance...at least none that I know of.
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:25am
Thanks, but how can I get the current date?  If that is all I can get, that would be a good thing!
 
In the Edit Parameter dialog box,  the only source of data options I have are from the data base files.  There is an option to import a text file.  What is this importing?  I can not find any reference to that in the online help.
 
Thanks,
RB
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:03am
use a command object, and select the current there is what I was thinking.  Off-hand, I don't know how to get that value into the parameter itself...it's been a while.
 
I may not be the best person to ask as my company uses wizards which allow me to populate the parameters that the user interacts with in any way I want.  We then get the data from the database and pass the resulting dataset to Crystal.  In short, I don't use parameters
IP IP Logged
RichIcicle
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Quote RichIcicle Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 12:49pm
Ok.  Will try that route.
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum