Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to access the sort Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
LoupGarou
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote LoupGarou Replybullet Topic: How to access the sort
     Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 10:32am
I'm having a dilemma that hopefully someone can help me solve.

Currently I have a report in which the sort is being set from a C# api.

I'm wanting to access this "sort" option and if it meets a certain criteria, (in this case, if the sort is based on a certain column) I want to suppress certain information.

Does anyone know how I can access or trap for this information?

I'm sorry if this sounds rather cryptic, if I need to I can write more on what is trying to be done.

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:24am
The sort for a report is set by the report...you can do it by changing the sort using Record Sort Expert or you can create a group which will allow you to sort on the field as well.
 
Suppression of the display is easy, just put logic to return TRUE in either the cell (format text/Common/x-2 across from Suppress, or the whole row using the Section Expert.
 
If you want conditional aggregates based on the displayed data(like SUM) you will need to create either running totals or to use shared/global variables to correctly perform these functions.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum