Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Need help formatting Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:05am
I'm trying to create a report using the following table:
cust# amount budget 111 100 300 111 250 300
The 'amount' will total 300, but the 'budget' totals 600 in my crosstab. I only want to use the budget amount once. I will also need to use budget in other calculations, so maximum or average will not work.
This seems like a simple issue, but it's stumping me. Please help!
Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 6:14am
I do want to do summations, just not on that field. I need to sum on the amount but only list the budget once. Crosstabs can be a pain, but I'm pretty good with them. This is the first time I'm having a problem. I think I found a way around this. In sql, I created a view which groups and summarizes the amount by invoice date and then joins with the budget table so this way when I use it in crystal, the amount is already summarized and I don't get the 2 rows any more.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum