|
Hi everyone
I am a CR newbie so bear with me if any of queries are very basic! I have attached an image of the report:
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/mgtaccountspdf.jpg/
I need to add a couple of percentages and I am not sure how I could achieve this. I need to show Gross profit and Gross profit after other income as %ages of Total Sales.
The reason I am stuck is the report is grouped by major heading ie sales, direct costs, overheads etc. So I cannot do a simple formula like Gross profit / Sales *100 because they appear in different groups.
I have calculated Total sales as total of all transactions with major heading as "sales". So when I come to gross profit level the major heading changes to "direct costs". So I am not able to do a simple percentage because I can't think of what the denominator should be! Any guidance would be most appreciated!
|