Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Forcing details section to print once at end of re Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Author Message
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:29am
also seems odd to use a stored proc as the sorce for the number.
I would just use a crystal parameter as numeric with a min value of 1 and max value of 50.
You would have better control on what users do.
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:42am
Yeah but we have a front end that expects the number paramater from the stored procedure.
 
I managed to use the below and have the blank lines at the end.
 
I managed to get rid of the extra pages from apearig within the report as well the blanks lines appear at the end.

I used the below two.

Under section expert formula for Suppress (No Drill-Down)

not onlastrecord

Under section expert formula for Print at Bottom of Page
Pagenumber = Totalpagecount

But now, when the blank lines continue to the next page, and if I enter 50 I am not having enough space to enter more text. I can only enter 40 lines.

Why is this?


Also I was trying to suppress the column header section in the last pages where the blank lines are generated, but there already exists a formula and I am not sure how to include the formula to suppress

I want to include the formula to suppress column headers  in the below existing suppress formula.


IF {Detail.ShowNAV} = "Y" AND

IF {Detail.ShowNAV} = "Y" THEN
    formula = true
ELSE
    formula = false

END IF

How can I additionally include the conditional formula to the above to suppress the column headers in the last page where the blank lines are generated?
 
I assume I can use something like onlastrecord? But I need to include this formula to the existing conditional suppress.
 
Any ideas?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:50am
since your column headers are either in a group or page header your formulas will only evaluate on tha last row read.
Do you have more than one row of data?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:53am
in the formula field make sure the field is set to can grow and the keep togther is set to false
in the section expert make sure the details section is set to kepe togther as false
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 8:11am
I have two rows of data in each page.
 
I believe you are referring to my first question on why there is not enough space to enter text.
 
The formula field is set to can grow and the max number of lines is 50.
 
I have not checked the  keep togeter in the section.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 11:43am
Sorry, i am at a bit of a loss here. I really do not understand your report design so I am struggliong with how to help you.
 
I have tested a version of your formula
replicatestring(chr(13),tonumber({Detail.ExtraLines}))
placing it on a report footer and had no trouble with it expanding over 2 pages when i made it 50 rows.
Your column header suppression question is not making sense to me either. Do you have groups with headers on a group feader level? Are these on a page header? YOu say you have 2 detail rows per page. How are you breaking this with only 2 rows per page? Do you need to suppress the header when both rows have shownav="Y" or either row or some other option?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev  Page  of 2
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum