Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Forcing details section to print once at end of re Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Author Message
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Topic: Forcing details section to print once at end of re
     Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:17am
Hi,
 
I have a formula in a detail section that generates blank lines for users to enter text.
 
I put the formula in a detail section. Now the detail section is printing on every page.
 
I want the detail section to print at end after the last page is done. How can I achieve this?
 
 
Thanks for your help.
junction123
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:19am
Can you move the formula field to the report footer?
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:21am
I started with that first. Users can enter as much as 50 lines of text and the footer has a space limit.
 
Placing in footer makes the space overlap the detail section. 
 
Hence I am tryign placing thise in the detail, but now I need to force teh detail section to print just once and at the end based on page number or something else?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:23am
USe the report footer not the page footer
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:33am
I also tried that as an option but it did not help either. Someone at work suggested using the detail section . But the detail section apears on each page.
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:43am
what does the Reset Page Number After option do? Can I check this box and maybe force to print after last page?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 5:51am

Reset does what itr says and resets a page number after that section is printed.

Page footers cannot exceed the size of a the page. Report footers can.
 
What is your formula for the blank lines?
Do you have any groups in your report?
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 6:02am
The formula for the blank lines is
 
replicatestring(chr(13),tonumber({Detail.ExtraLines}))
 
 
ExtraLines is a parameter passed from a stored proc and values can be 1 to 50.
 
If a user wants to enter 50 lines of text, they should be able to at the end of the report.
 
I also tried checking Print at bottom of the page for the Detail section  and added a formula
 
Pagenumber = Totalpagecount
 
 
But this did not help either.
 
Thanks for your help.
 
Regards,
crystalnew123
 
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 6:23am

I tried inserting the formula in a group footer.


I checked New Page After  with a formula

not onlastrecord


I also checked Print at bottom of Page and Keep Together.

But now the detail rows are page breaking. Initially I had two row  in one page but now the rows are split and I have just one row per page hence doubling gthe number of pages.

How to fix the page break from happening?

Regards,
crystalnew123
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 7:28am

I would insert the formula in the report footer

mare the formula field set to 'Can Grow'
If you always want this to be on a new page
in the section expert select the Report footer
mark New Page Before as TRUE
and everything else as FALSE
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum