Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to print multiple pages of a single report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
sharpie00
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote sharpie00 Replybullet Topic: How to print multiple pages of a single report
     Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 2:02am
Hey guys,

I've searched all over and can't seem to find my answer. I've developed a report using Crystal 2008 and would like to embed something (formula, parameter, whatever) to force the report to print 2 copies.  This is for a client, so I can't set the default printer (since I don't have access to their network printer).  Is there something I can do in the report that will allow me to do this?

Much thanks in advance!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 3:15am
Nothing really comes to mind...You could create the report as a subreport, and then call the same report twice...or instruct the user to select 2 copies when printing.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
sharpie00
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote sharpie00 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 3:20am
Yeah, I was hoping not to have to do that (selecting number of pages from the print screen) since the client specifically asked for 2 copies when they generate the report.  And unfortunately, I have multiple subreports within the main reports; so I won't be able to go the subreport route since you can't have nested subreports.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the reply :)
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 7:14am
Maybe you can duplicate the subreports?
So you could have

S1
S2
S3
<--page break if necessary-->
S1
S2
S3

Edited by Keikoku - 24 Jan 2011 at 7:15am
IP IP Logged
sharpie00
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote sharpie00 Replybullet Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 8:12am
Unfortunately that won't work because I have a Grouping mechanism in place with the Details section utilized as well.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum