Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Insert Blank Lines at end of report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Topic: Insert Blank Lines at end of report
     Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:12am
Hi,
 
I am using Crystal9.0
 

I am trying to create blank line at the end of report based on a number entered in the front end.

 

Stored procedure has a parameter @ExtraLines nvarchar(100).  This is in the final select and in the XSD. The report in DataView is picking up the number value that I enter (1to 50).

 

I have a formula  FooterTextLines as below:

 

When  enter 1, I want to enter one blank line, when I enter 2, I want to enter 2 blank lines and so on.

 

IF {Detail.ExtraLines} = '1' THEN " "

ELSE

IF {Detail.ExtraLines} = '2' THEN " "

ELSE

IF {Detail.ExtraLines} = '3' THEN " "

 

I insert a new section at the end of report. I insert a text box and then insert the formula @FooterTextLines.

 

The report when exported to PDF should show a blank line at the end for a value of 1 entered.

 

It is not working. Any other ideas?  I tried google and there is a replicatestring but that does not help me.

 

 

Thanks for your help!

 

 

IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:32am
How should the "blank line" look (or not look, in this case)?

IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:37am
When exportign to pdf, it should be like a text box and user should have the ability to enter a footer text.
 
I tried checking Can Grow in text box but still I do not see a blank line.
 
I also tried to change the formula as
 
replicatestring(chr(13),tonumber({Detail.ExtraLines}))
 
Still no luck.
 
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 6:26am
Any ideas?
 
Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 6:51am

As a test, I put the formula in the Report Footer instead of Page Footer. I also checked Print at Bottom under Section Expert.

In Crystal Viewer, I see that the text box and formula move to a new page and I can see the text box.

However I cannot edit the box.

I export to pdf and I see a blank page at the end but no editable box.

Do I need to specify a length or size?

Could it be that we need another version of Adobe that allows editing when exporting?
Not sure how crystal adn Adobe talk to each other or whether the version I have allows editing?

Also should I try exporting to word? I do not see an option for word though as I am using a meta data application and PDF is teh only option available.

Any more help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Regards,
junction123

IP IP Logged
crystalnew123
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote crystalnew123 Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 7:59am
I did some research and found out that I have Adobe 8.o which is adobe reader. Acrobat (9.0 or higher) allows some editing which is what our users have.

So there is no way I can test whether the formula works and I keep thinking that it does not work.

I talk to our IT systems and confirmed that I would need Acrobat which has editing features adn I will be able to see the Blank line text box.

Please let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks for your help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum