Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Using newer version Database in Older Report Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 10:13am
Hi, Folks
I had designed a report using MS Access 97 Database in Crystal report version 4.6.1. I could use this report only with the older version of MS Access 97 Database. If I convert this Database Office XP 2002 version and open the report it gives an error saying unrecogonised database format.
What could be the problem? Any one can help me to solve this issue?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 4:52pm
The two databases use different drivers - the older driver in the report won't work with the new database. With your version of Crystal (>10 years old), you probably won't be able to connect it to the new database. To try, open the report in the designer but DO NOT RUN!. Try to connect to your converted database. If the connection doesn't work, you won't be able to do anything with the new db unless you upgrade your Crystal.
Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 17 Aug 2007 at 1:10am
Thanks for your reply.
I could connect the new database in the report design mode and add the new database fields. When I try to run the report I am getting this error. Please let me know whether there is an option other than upgrading to new Crystal report?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 17 Aug 2007 at 8:38am
Are you running it from inside Crystal or through another application? If it's through another application, does that run on a different server under a different login? If so, does that user ID have access to the folder where the new database resides?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum