Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Parameter in Record Selection issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
g0d1n
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 18 Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote g0d1n Replybullet Topic: Parameter in Record Selection issue
     Posted: 18 Jan 2011 at 4:06am
Hi all,

I'm using Crystal 2008. Passing a FromDate and a ToDate to the report.

In the Report Selection I have the following:
{table.date} >= {?FROMDATE} and {table.date} <= {?TODATE}

As you can see, the syntax in being modified in a way I don't understand.

I am able to map the field to a SQL Expression, but the pproblem is that we have many custom reports that were build this way and would like to know what causes this issue.

When I run the report I get the following error:

---------------------------
Details: errorkind
Error in formula Record Selction:
'(( ( NOT{table.date} >= {?FROMDATE} ) AND (NOT {table.date} <= {?TODATE}) ) )
A boolean is required here.
IP IP Logged
JohnT
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Quote JohnT Replybullet Posted: 21 Jan 2011 at 5:34am

The select statement will select records where the table.date is between the from date and the to date.  What is the modification you don't understand ?  If this is in the selection formula under Report ? 

Maybe you could give some more details.  I don't know where the error message (it contains a NOT and the other one does not) is coming from.

 

IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum