I am a fairly new user to Crystal, and I am in desperate need of assistance, because I cannot figure this out!
I am working with 3 tables. I will summarize what data fields are included (but note there are many other fields that I am not using for this report).
To help you understand the relationship, we have "Clients" (identified as “Accounts” in our database, but exist in the Client table) that have Bookings with our company, and each of those Bookings takes place at a Hotel (identified as “Partners” in our database, but exist in the Client table also).
1) CLIENT TABLE- contains:
- Client Name
- Client Number
2) BOOKING TABLE- contains:
- Client Number
- Booking Number
3) HOTEL TABLE- contains:
- Booking Number
- Client Number
You can obviously tell that the client number is the common denominator here, but the issue I am having is that I need the hotel NAME for each booking, not the NUMBER. I thought that I would need to link the “Client number from the hotel table to the client number in the client table, but when I do that, I get NO results in that field. I’m thinking it’s because my joins are wrong.... remember that both clients and partners are both in the Client table. Perhaps I’ve confused Crystal! I hope that makes sense.
Anyone have any suggestions?