Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Totaling a group footer Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Topic: Totaling a group footer
     Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 5:41am
Good Morning,
 
I have a group footer1 that is an average of all the fields in the column and it works fine.  However now I want to roll the group1 total into a group2 two total.  Averaging the detail no longer works.  How to I tell Crystal to sum a field found in my group1?
 
 
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 6:03am
Perhaps you can write a formula that involves

1: creating a variable that will act as the running total
2: use WhileReadingRecords, and add the value of group1 to the total
3: then, you can use this variable to deal with group2

I'm not too sure about variables, but they're definitely more flexible than running totals due to how crystal report generates its reports.
IP IP Logged
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:24am
I know how to create a variable in a formula but how do I create and handle a variable that will only be add accumlated in group1 footer?
 
 
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 8:25am
Maybe you can have another formula that adds the variable to another running total?

Use EvaluateAfter to tell it to run after you get your final values.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum