Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Last page of the group: formula = 1 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
denhors
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote denhors Replybullet Topic: Last page of the group: formula = 1
     Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 1:38am
How to get 1 on the last page of users, in my case 1 user = 1 group (each user has multiple pages)?
I have no possibility of resetting the Page Number after each group because I use it in the formula for the sequence. Basically, I need to signal the last page in each group with the formula = 1.
Thx
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 3:52am
What is the purpose for this?
You can just place a formula field as 1 int he group footer?
IP IP Logged
denhors
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote denhors Replybullet Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 8:24pm
The result that I get from the formula should be part of the bar code, which is in the Details, and I do not have the ability to move in the Page Header. 1 at this point in the bar code tells the machine that this is the last page of a user.
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 4:27am
I have no possibility of resetting the Page Number after each group because I use it in the formula for the sequence.


Then you should consider whether it's absolutely necessary that it must be done like that.

From the sound of it, the page number seems to be the group number?

I'm not too sure what the formula is for, and you have mentioned "bar code" for each record. Perhaps you can separate the bar code and the "page number"?

Do you require the last page to be the number 1? Can it be changed to something else? Like perhaps the number of groups you have?

Edited by Keikoku - 07 Jan 2011 at 4:27am
IP IP Logged
denhors
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Quote denhors Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2011 at 7:55am
Sorry for the late reply, vacation ...
Number of pages is different than the number of groups (group = user), because each user has more than one site, for example, a telephone report with the call list of users.
Bar code is for machine reading (mailing) and consists of a user ID, the sequences (00-99), 1 on the last page of each user (else 0) and a few other static parameters.
The bar code should appear on each page, not only on every record.
I do not know how I could make a rotating sequence, which increases at each site (00-99) without a page number.

Thanks for trying..
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum