Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Graph axis sorting problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Tammy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Tammy Replybullet Topic: Graph axis sorting problem
     Posted: 29 Dec 2010 at 5:30am

Hello-

I am a definate newby in Crystal Reports XI and am trying to sort a chart axis using a numeric as text field from my database, and labelling that axis with another more meaningful field. All is well until until I preview and see that the text labels are not in correct order. The sort field is formatted as such: 000001, 000002...000010. All are char(6). The bar chart displays correct data with the correct label, although the sort order for area=000001 and area=000010 has area 10 immediately following area 1.
 
I am trying to figure the correct SQL expression for Crystal that will sort by the value of the substring. I cannot cannot change the tables behind the chart, so it will have to be some kind of SQL expression. Area 10 must follow Area 9 on the chart and not Area 1.
 
I'm probably overthinking this, but we'll see.  Any help would be appreciated.
more 'yes', less 'no'
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum