Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Newbie, adding table and field... Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mjfmn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mjfmn Replybullet Topic: Newbie, adding table and field...
     Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 4:39am
Hi, I'm new to CR XI, and to Crystal Reports in general.  I'm modifying a report that currently works fine and involves only two tables.  I need to add table 3 that contains a field called "Pay_Method" I want on the report.  Table 1 has field "Account" that links with table 3 field "ID", except sometimes there isn't a value in "Account" for whatever reason.  Whenever I link these two tables, add "Pay_Method" to the report, and run it I get an error processing the report.  I'm wondering of the null or zero value in Account from table 1 isn't causing the issue?  I'm trying to figure out a formula to ignore the error if it happens, but I'm not doing very well.  Could someone please point me in a direction to run?  Thank you very much in advance for reading this!
Mike
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 4:50am
Can you please explain your table structure a little more?
Table names
current report table links
new table link desired and field types
IP IP Logged
mjfmn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mjfmn Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:07am
Sure, thanks for the quick reply!  Table1 (br_deposit) links to table 2 (db_bank_account) via the common field Acct_Code, and data from both tables is printed in the report.  I am adding table 3 (cr_receipt_payment) of which I want the field "Pay_Method" to print on the report.  The only fields I can link the third table with are br_deposit.misc_integer_1  to  cr_receipt_payment.Receipt_No .  Both are number field types.  Thanks again!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:24am
what are you trying to accomplish in the report?
To see what type of "payment" each row in the br_deposit table is?
IP IP Logged
mjfmn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote mjfmn Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2010 at 2:58am
Yes, that is correct, to see what was entered as the pay method - sorry for the late reply!

Edited by mjfmn - 27 Dec 2010 at 8:50am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2010 at 5:08am
My guess is if there is no field in the br_deposit table that has the code for each 'payment' type then there is another table that is the missing link between them. Maybe a "Receipt" table that links to via the Recept_No that also has the payment type in it?

Edited by DBlank - 28 Dec 2010 at 5:09am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum