Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: HELP! Creating Custom Variable within CrossTab Rpt Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
lmdavis
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote lmdavis Replybullet Topic: HELP! Creating Custom Variable within CrossTab Rpt
     Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 9:44am
I am using CR XI. I have built a crosstab report which is pulling the following:
 
          Facility Name
          Year
Day
 
which ends up looking something like this:
 
          The Grove              University
          2010     2009         2010     2009
1         44          13             25          19
2         34          34             37          26
3         39          16             21          24
4         22          17             -             24
5         36          20             -             19
 
My first problem is that the total column that generates automatically is totalling for all locations both years. I need the total column to still acknowledge the by year break down. I.E. I dont care that the total for all locations and all years for day 1 is 101. I need to see that the total across all locations for year 2009 day 1 is 32 (13 + 19).
 
My second problem is that I need another column, similar to total, that gives the total by day for all facilites except 3. Meaning, the total column would be the total of ALL facilites by year and day. This column would be called Same Location, and would be the total of facility A-W but would not include facilities X-Z.
 
The report would need to look something like this when finished:
 
       The Grove        University           Hampton       Same Loc.       Total
       2010   2009     2010   2009     2010   2009     '10    '09       '10   '09
1.      44        13         25       19        17        3         69     32        86    35
2.      34        34         37       26        25        10       71     60        81    70
3.      39        16         21       24        36        7         60     40        96    47
4.      22        17          -         24        26        14       22     41        48    55
5.      36        20          -         19        33        13       36     39        69    52
 
I have tried everything I can think of to get the data I need into the existing crosstab, and nothing has worked. If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions on how I can get this data in the format needed I would greatly appreciate it!!
 
Thanks in advance,
 
L Davis
Application Analyst
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum