Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Upgrade from Standard to Professional Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
stev1ef
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote stev1ef Replybullet Topic: Crystal Upgrade from Standard to Professional
     Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 3:09am
Hi,
 
Being a complete novice, I hope I'm raising this topic in the correct area of the forum.
 
I am having issues upgrading from:
 
BObj Crystal Reports XI Standard version 11.0.0.128227
and
Crystal Reports Viewer version 12.2.202.566
To
BObj Crystal Reports Professional version XI
 
OS is Win2003 Server SP2
 
I have tries to upgrade via RDP and terminal session.
I have tried to upgrade with media CD and ISO
 
However it always files with below errors in log.
 
=== Logging started: 21/12/2010  14:05:55 ===
Action 14:05:55: INSTALL.
Action start 14:05:55: INSTALL.
Action 14:05:55: DetectInstalledSoftware.
Action start 14:05:55: DetectInstalledSoftware.
21/12/2010, 14:05:56: CheckJavaSDKVersion: Java SDK detected
21/12/2010, 14:05:56: CheckJavaSDKVersion: Detected Java SDK Version: 1.6.0
21/12/2010, 14:05:56: CheckJavaSDKVersion: JDK 1.6.0.23 meets version requirements
21/12/2010, 14:05:56: CheckJavaSDKVersion: JDK found at C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_23\
Action ended 14:05:56: DetectInstalledSoftware. Return value 3.
Action 14:05:56: Fatal_Error.
Action start 14:05:56: Fatal_Error.
 
Therefore I have 2 Questions.
 
1. If I am upgrading as in the manner I have reported do I run the msi file from disc 2 or the setup.exe from disc 1?
2. Does anyone have clear concise instructions to perform this upgrade, (I do not want a 300 page BObj but concise human friendly steps - which I unfortunately find hard to find...
 
Thanks for all your help in replying to this thread.
 
Steve
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 5:57am
Two easy steps:
 
1.  Completely uninstall Crystal XI Standard.
2.  Do a new install of Crystal XI Professional.
 
But it's not quite that simple....
 
To "Completely" uninstall Crystal, you have to do two things after you uninstall the software:
 
1.  Run Regedit.  Do a search for the name of the folder where Crystal was installed and delete any keys that contain that information.  Back up your registry first just in case.
 
2.  Completely delete the folder where Crystal was installed - the uninstall doesn't always do this.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
stev1ef
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote stev1ef Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 5:58am
Thanks I will try this.
Steve
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum