Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: percentages Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:14am
I am a brand new Crystal reports user and I soliciting assistance with creating a formula to calculate percentages. I need assistance. Also are there any basic formula's or templates that I can keep to help me?
Joined: 20 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 2:13am
Asking for a formula as to how to calculate a percentage is vague? That sounds like you did not read the question but I guess this is the wrong forum to pose a simple question on. Have a great day.
Joined: 26 Jun 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 3:00am
There are different types of percentage calculations. Providing additional information about the outcome you are trying to achieve will allow you to get a better response to solve your problem
Example
a = correct answers on a test
b = total number of points on a test
If a person scored 3 out of 4 points on the test
The formula:
(a/b)*100
would tell you the student scored 75% on the test
An alternate formula
((b-a)/b)* 100
would tell you that the student answered 25% of the questions incorrectly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum