Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: User Defined Parameter settings? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cboshdave
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote cboshdave Replybullet Topic: User Defined Parameter settings?
     Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:59am
I have a crystal report where I want to use a Parameter to limit the number of records.  I generally understand how this works.  The question is, what if I want to get all records greater than "BeginDate"?  Seems like it wants to bind BeginDate to the date field and make me select from a list.  What if I just want to enter a random value??  I can't seem to find a way to allow me to control the input. 
 
I just want to enter "1/1/2010" and have all records greater than "1/1/2010" appear. 

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Dave
CBOSH - Come Big or Stay Home!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:10am
in the section expert use
{table.datefield} > {?Paramdate}
IP IP Logged
cboshdave
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote cboshdave Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 12:38pm
Okay... that is what I was thinking.  Problem is that when I add the parameter "Paramdate", Crystal wants me to hook that to a field, or assign static values.  It will not just allow it to be a user entered field.
 
I know I am missing something.  I just can't seem to find it.
CBOSH - Come Big or Stay Home!
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 3:50am
sorry, but what exactly do you mean by add the paramater?
If you are creating a param
right click on parameter field and select new
enter the name
type=date
list of values as static
hit OK
 


Edited by DBlank - 20 Dec 2010 at 3:50am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum