Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal XI Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Irving
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Irving Replybullet Topic: Crystal XI
     Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 10:07pm

Good Morning all.

I was wondering if someone else here have tried this and could point me in the right direction.

I have written a SQL script that extracts data from various databases, on top of that the query also creates temp tables to execute various commands.

I have run the script successfully but now the powers that be tells me that they want the branches to run the "script" themselves.

These users have less knowledge of SQL than I have of crystal.

So next option is to write or rewrite the script into crystal.

Could anyone help in pointing me in the right direction on how to take my Sql script and somehow insert or paste or adapt it so I don't need to sit for weeks recreating my wheel 
 
Thank you
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 3:06am
I haven't worked with multiple databases before, but you can use the "Add Command" feature in the database expert. There, you just have to copy/paste your SQL script and add it to your list of fields.

Then, anyone can just take your report and run it themselves, provided they have access to the DB.

I'd like to assume having multiple databases is just a matter of adding more to your list? But then I'm not sure how Add Command would work here.

Edited by Keikoku - 20 Dec 2010 at 3:06am
IP IP Logged
Irving
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Dec 2010
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Irving Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 6:25pm
  Wonderful
 
Thank you so very much.
Have to adapt my SQL script some what but would get it to work.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum