Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Promblem Combining Static & Dynamic Parameters Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
TAH2
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote TAH2 Replybullet Topic: Promblem Combining Static & Dynamic Parameters
     Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:33am
A summary report is being created and I would like for the user to select how they want the information summarized based on the RecordSelection parameter and then see a list of data values from the database for that field.  I would like for them to be able to select multiple values or indicate that they want to see all of them. 
 
I tried to use a dynamic & cascading prompt but you are only able to select database fields and not formulas.  I am not sure if this is possible but if so can someone steer me in the right direction.
 
I created a static parameter RecordSelection with the following values:
  • Bank Name
  • Division
  • Group 4
  • Account Type
A formula with the name Selection was created with the following syntax
 
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Division' then {Div} else
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Group 4' then {Group4} else
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Account Type' then {AccountType} else
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Bank Name' then {BankName}
 
For example, if I select Division from my prompt I would then like to see a list of database stored values for division.
 
 
 


Edited by TAH2 - 16 Dec 2010 at 9:42am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 9:57am
The dynamic values are built at load.
So if you can use a cascading dynamic param you would be OK but based on the fact that you are using a formula then I would say no.
 
Also if you are using a version other than 2008 you cannot leave params empty.
Maybe you can use a command that creates the correct values to be able to use a dynamic cascading parameter.
do your 4 options come from the same table or different tables?
 
IP IP Logged
TAH2
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 23
Quote TAH2 Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:12am
They all reside in the same table.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 10:20am

4 different columns in the same table...

Can you write a stored proc or view to use as your source?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum