A summary report is being created and I would like for the user to select how they want the information summarized based on the
RecordSelection parameter and then see a list of data values from the database for that field. I would like for them to be able to select multiple values or indicate that they want to see all of them.
I tried to use a dynamic & cascading prompt but you are only able to select database fields and not formulas. I am not sure if this is possible but if so can someone steer me in the right direction.
I created a static parameter RecordSelection with the following values:
- Bank Name
- Division
- Group 4
- Account Type
A formula with the name Selection was created with the following syntax
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Division' then {Div} else
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Group 4' then {Group4} else
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Account Type' then {AccountType} else
if {?RecordSelection} = 'Bank Name' then {BankName}
For example, if I select Division from my prompt I would then like to see a list of database stored values for division.
Edited by TAH2 - 16 Dec 2010 at 9:42am