Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Newbie Question on Designing Reports Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Magic
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Magic Replybullet Topic: Newbie Question on Designing Reports
     Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 10:47pm
Hello...I am newbie designing crystal reports. So, advanced apologies, if this comes across as the most silliest question you have ever heard!
 
I have a table called Issues. These Issues are logged by people in the Service Desk team.
 
The issues are then resolved and finally closed by people in the App Support Team.
 
My table design is as follows -
 
Table - Issues
 
Issue_Id (Primary Key)
Issue_Description
Logged_By
Closed_By
 
Table - Users
Users_Id
Users_Name
 
Now, the Issues table is related to Users table where Logged_By and Closed_By of Issues table is referencing the Users_Id column of the Users table.
 
In my report, I need the following.
 
1. Issue_Description
2. Logged_By
3. Closed_By
 
How do I do it?
 
What I attempted so far.
 
Defined the relation between Issues and Users for Logged_by and it fetches the binary value of Users_id instead of Users_Name.
 
How do I get the Users_Name? Do I define it in the Special field and define a formula?
 
How do I link Issues table to Users table for 2 fields from Issues table to the same users_id field in the users table.
 
Needless to say, issues will be logged by one person and closed by a completely different person.
 
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Magic
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 4:05am
add the Users table to the report twice
You will get a warning about it but it is ok
You will see the second tbale listed as "Users_1"
If you have rows that may have nulls you will need to do outer joins
Joins as
issues.logged_by = users.users_id
issues.closed_by = users_1.users_id


Edited by DBlank - 16 Dec 2010 at 4:06am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum